Monday, March 28

the only exception- Paramore

I think it's amazing that some songs have certain people written all over them. I remember listening to Spark's Fly by t.swift for the first time and just thinking "this is you, this is how i feel about you" and then it played out as it did, now the songs that remind me of you are the story of us, dear john and haunted by t.swift. Now I can't listen to these songs without giving you a fleeting thought. But it's getting better as these months fly by and I feel like I am that much closer to being myself again.

This brings up a question that I ask myself over and over, Why do we, as humans, dwell on things that hurt us? Some people may be like bahhh jamie no that's only you, I just move on. Personally I think that's complete crap. One day that's all going to come crawling back into you're conscious thoughts. I think it's better to wallow right then and there. This isn't necessarily about relationships, it's about everything. I think it's important to embrace how something makes you feel, as long as you don't hurt anyone because of it. I think being heartbroken over whatever it is for a period of time is completely acceptable.  Even if people think you're being stupid for being devastated that you can't go see someone in concert. At least you feel passionate about something.

The people in the world that lack passion for anything I do not understand. And it probably goes without saying that I don't understand people who don't care about things either.

until my next rant. xo

3 comments:

  1. Its not just you, I agree I think its utter bull shit when people go around saying that "I don't care" "its no big deal" blah blah blah... I mean I do think that some people go over board with dwelling on unhappy memories but it has to have an affect on them (unless they've learned how to shut out feelings). You know I'm here if you need to talk about anything Jamie, I'm never annoyed (I never think "god can't she move on"), I like listening, it makes me feel like I'm helping you feel better, like I'm some how taking away some of the burdens you carry. Talking about my problems makes me feel loads better, so don't ever think I'm judging you or I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man! thanks and i know. i wasn't like wallowing in it or anything. actually i've been doing a thousand times better with it. but that song came on and it got me thinking about it all. i hope you know i try and do the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete